Entertainment

Grieving Sinéad O’Connor reveals way she’s remembering her son after tragic death


Grieving Sinéad O’Connor has revealed the sweet way she’s remembering her late son Shane following his funeral last week.

Taking to Twitter, the Irish musician revealed that she has a permanent place set at the table for the 17 year old, who was reported to have gone missing from hospital before his tragic death earlier this month.

Sinéad, 55, wrote: “Am staying with my best girlfriend. Been with her since the funeral. We are smoking waaay too many fags (cigarettes) and reminiscing lots about my Babba.

“We have a permanent place set at the dinner table for him with a candle and incense. He is very present. He is love”.

The star added a red heart emoji onto the end of her tweet.



Sinéad O'Connor has shared the news of her son Shane's tragic death age 17
Sinéad O’Connor has revealed she has a permanent place set at the table for her late son

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!’s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

Sinéad’s fans were quick to send their support to the singer at this very difficult time.

One wrote: “This makes my day. I’m so glad you’re not alone. A big hug for your best girlfriend. The love that Shane is now is so great that you cannot ignore it.

“I feel him too.. What a beautiful soul are your Babba. You are not hard to find for him. Where there is smoke there is Sineady.”



Sinéad O'Connor shared a photo of her teenage son as she shared the heartbreaking news of his tragic death
Shane sadly passed away at the age of 17

Another added: “I am glad you have somebody with you. We need company, compassion and love to hold us up.

“Its a nightmare, and you have to just get thru, any way you can, music, screaming, crying, cigarettes, whatever it takes. Be gentle with you”.

The late teenager is said to have been on suicide watch while receiving medical attention and, after going missing, Sinéad announced that he’d “decided to end his earthly struggle” on Friday 7 January.



Sinéad O'Connor has revealed she's been admitted to hospital
Sinéad shared the news of her son Shane’s tragic death aged 17 earlier this month

Sinéad’s heartbreaking announcement shared on social media read: “My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God.

“May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Please be at peace”.

Just days after Shane’s death, Sinéad herself was admitted to hospital.



The singer was admitted to hospital after her son’s death

In now-deleted Tweets, Sinéad said on Thursday 16 January that Shane’s “death is no ones fault but mine”.

She later provided an update as she was escorted to the hospital by police. “I am with cops now on way to hospital. I’m sorry I upset everyone,” she wrote.

Sinéad described her son as “our beautiful angel, Shaney”.

The singer is also mum to daughter Roisin and sons Jake and Yeshua.

If you’ve been affected by this article, you can contact Samaritans on 116 123, or email via jo@samaritans.org.

For the latest news, sign up to our daily OK! newsletter.




Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

close