Entertainment

Love Island villa ‘axed’ as bosses ‘hunt for a new location’ to film show


The iconic Love Island villa could be no longer, according to reports.

The house has been the location for the hit ITV show for the few years, but show bosses are reportedly now on the look out for a new spot, to “enhance the show.”

A source told The Sun: “ITV bosses think this is the right moment to refresh this element of the show, just as they did in series three back in 2017.

“Bosses are conscious of the fact that this is also an opportunity to consider all the new elements they could introduce to enhance the show even further.”



Love Island
The iconic Love Island villa could be no longer, according to reports

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!’s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

“For fans of Love Island this is huge news and they’ll be eager to see what the new villa looks like and how much it could change the show.

It’s believed the show’s venue could move down to “the foothills of the mountains, by a lake or to the coast” but it will remain on the Spanish island of Majorca.

The new property will still have a firepit and swimming pool.

An ITV spokesperson told OK! they had “nothing to add,” in response to the reports.



Brett and Priya found themselves dumped from the villa after being voted least compatible by viewers
The new property will still have a firepit and swimming pool

During last year’s Love Island, a YouTube prankster became the first person to successfully break into the villa.

Omar Majid was spotted in the garden of the villa by bouncers overnight and even made it inside the house, being seen wandering through the corridor of the house on an Instagram live.

He filmed himself on the social media platform crawling through part of the villa until he is seen underneath fluorescent lighting.

A voice is then heard saying “you’re trespassing” before Omar was dragged out.



Love Island was full of drama on Sunday night after Jake Cornish stormed out the villa
During last year’s Love Island, a YouTube prankster became the first person to successfully break into the villa

A spokesperson for Love Island said at the time: “Last night a security breach was identified and an intruder was removed from the Villa with immediate effect.

“The safety of both our islanders and our production crew remains our primary concern.

“As part of our stringent COVID safety measures, the Villa area that was trespassed has been fully deep cleaned before being made accessible again to the islanders and crew.”

The show has seen a number of successful couples form, including Olivia and Alex Bowen, and Molly-Mae Hague and Tommy Fury.

And TV star Davina McCall recently shared that she would let her kids take part in the show.



Teddy and Faye appear to have gone from strength to strength after leaving the Love Island villa
The show has seen a number of successful couples form

The star is mother to daughters Holly, 20, and Tilly, 18, and son Chester, 15.

She told The Sun: “I’d say, ‘Fill your boots, but have a think about it – let’s talk about the pros and the cons.

“They can decide, because they’d be over 18 and after that you can only really guide them. If they ask my advice, I feel lucky, because I must have done something right if they still value my opinion.

“I give my kids quite a lot of freedom, but they tend not to use it.”

For all your showbiz and lifestyle news, sign up to OK!’s daily newsletter here




Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

close